While it is an embarrassing subject, bad breath affects many of us. Often we have clients looking for the best mints or gum, in order to mask their oral health issues. However, we like to help find the cause of the problem so that you can treat it at the source. Also known as halitosis, bad breath is often the result of bacteria building up in the mouth. It is commonly caused by the following:
- Poor Oral Hygiene: Are you brushing and flossing regularly? If not, this can lead to bad breath because of trapped food particles, which will lead to bacteria growth.
- Gum Disease: If you still have bad breath after brushing and flossing, you may have gum disease. It is also caused by the build-up of plaque and bacteria. Come and see us right away if you think gum disease could be behind your bad breath symptoms, as it could cause even worse problems.
- Dentures: If you don’t brush and floss your dentures, the same bacteria can build up on these teeth as well.
- Dry Mouth: Do you suffer from dry mouth? It inhibits the production of saliva, which is important in clearing away bacteria and neutralizing acids. If there is less saliva in your mouth, bacteria can grow.
- Cavities: Cavities are the result of tooth decay, which can cause a bad odor. Bacteria in the mouth can destroy the tooth enamel and cause this.
If you have any of the above issues or notice any other problems within your oral health, come visit us at Plainfield Dental Care. Chronic bad breath is something that we can help you treat and prevent!
Plainfield Dental Care proudly provides quality dental care to the community of Plainfield, IL 60585 and surrounding areas. Their featured services are General Dentistry, Cosmetic Dentistry, Laser Gum Treatment, Dental Implants, and many more. All families are welcome at their dental office, and they accept most insurance plans.
13621 S Route 59 Unit 103
Plainfield, IL 60544